The Psychedelic Tourist
2.27.2004
 
An extra day...

So, we've got an extra day to spare this year. Yes, it's a leap year, so this Sunday, February 29 is a bonus for us. Of course, I don't often think of it this way. What is another day after all? But, maybe it's time to change my outlook, maybe I should examine what I do with my time!

I, like most of the rest of the human race, spend a lot of time -- wasting time. I anguish over the things I'd rather be doing and fret away moments that I could constructively use for my own self-development and growth, in whatever direction I desire. The whole point is not to have a concrete goal, but to attempt to make every moment meaningful. Easier said than done, when most of my daily life has been reduced to maintaining a bare existence. Performing the tasks that allow one to stay alive, but not necessarily live.

Living and being alive are fundamentally two different states and my goal is to be in the former state as oppossed to the latter. It's my life, it should be spent fulfilling my own wishes. This isn't a selfish view, although it could be taken as self-centered. Fulfilling one's wish does not necessarily mean that the wish is for the benefit of oneself alone. A wish may be beneficial to more than the individual who desires. My wish may harbor a fair dose of sharing, of including others. Who knows? What's your wish?

This year, we all have an extra day to think about what we are doing with our lives. Why not use it to contemplate, to evaluate, to redirect our lives. If you want to document and share that vision, join the others at a day in the life: the leap day.


Powered by Blogger